Next Generation Residency Programme
At 2017 ASSITEJ World Congress
The Next Generation Programme is an ASSITEJ initiative designed to support artistic and cultural exchange and collaboration between international artists aged 36 years or below, at ASSITEJ events. A Residency programme for 25 artists from the African continent and around the world will be held in Cape Town over the period of the Cradle of Creativity (19th ASSITEJ World Congress and Performing Arts Festival) from 17-27 May 2017.
The NG Residency programme at Cradle of Creativity will include:
– Theatre for young audiences’ performances by companies from Africa and the rest of the world
– Master classes and workshop sessions led by industry professionals
– Discussions, seminars and workshops around intercultural exchange, as well as the opportunity to explore some of the focus areas of the Congress which include: Storytelling and theatre, Music theatre for Young Audiences, Dance theatre for Young Audiences, Theatre for the Early Years, Theatre for Social Change, Theatre for Healing, Theatre by children for children, and Inclusive theatre
– Opportunities to experience South African culture and arts practice on the ground
– Opportunities to engage with and join both the Next Generation Network and ASSITEJ.
Deadline: 30 September 2016